AIGA KC is run entirely by dedicated volunteers, and you can be one of them. There are a ton of ways you can get involved—from lending a hand at a single event, to taking on a special project as part of a committee, to taking the reigns as a Director on the board. Are you ready to join our ranks and become a leader in the KC design scene?
Lend a hand
Seeking an easy way to get your feet wet? Look no further. Add your name to our go-to list of volunteers. We have needs at various levels of engagement on a regular basis, including event set-up and tear-down, running check-in tables, snapping pics, and much more. Just contact email@example.com.
Commit to a committee
So you’re ready to go steady with your creative community. We’ve got just the thing. You can claim your seat on a committee managed by one of our directors. Get your ideas heard, take on pet projects and become part of the fabric of our board. We always can use more heads, so contact us and find your perfect fit.
- Guerrilla Photographers: Seeking active members to snap pics at our events and upload to the social webiverse. Whether you are camera phone photog, an instagrammer, a point’n’shooter or a professional, we want you!
- Field Reporters: Put your journalistic skills to the test by volunteering to write recaps for AIGA KC events.
- Design Miners: Seeking a crack team to uncover the freshest design news and curate posts for the “News” section of our AIGA KC website.
Get on board
Ready to take the reigns? It’s a commitment well worth the investment. A new Board of Directors is voted in by the membership each Spring, but we always have openings available for passionate members of the community.
- The board term is July 1–June 30.
- Nominees must be AIGA KC members in good standing.
- Board members are nominated by the committee or recruited by our members. Can you nominate yourself? Absolutely! Email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you—or the nominee—would be a great addition to the board.
- Chairs are one-year term positions.
- Directors are two-year term positions and must have previously held a chair position or worked directly with a supervisory board member in their first year on the board.