3…2…1… Take Off! No matter if you are learning the ins and outs of the design world or have taken a few laps around the sun, every designer has a chance to reach new heights in this year’s 18th Annual A Awards and Celebration.
When the call for entries opens, click Enter Now. You will then be directed to the AIGA login page to begin. Don’t have an AIGA account? Create one now—setting up an account is free through my.aiga.org.
AIGA members enjoy discounts on entry fees! Join first to take advantage of this benefit! Learn more.
Please read all guidelines as they have been changed from previous years to ensure that each piece is given the same opportunity when presented to the judges:
- Each file submitted must be 16:9 ratio (ex:1920×1080). Feel free to include more than one image per board, BUT be conscious of how much you are putting on one board. You can submit up to 5 files per submission.
- If you are submitting one project to multiple categories, your boards for each submission must be different and specifically highlight the pieces that fall under that category.
- Your entries are not judged against each other, but rather for what each of them is looked at individually. We condensed some of the categories down for ease of documentation.
If you have any questions about what category to submit to, please contact email@example.com.
Full entry guidelines are listed here on AIGA KC’s website, and online submissions are entered on our OpenWater competition site. Upon registration and online payment, please keep a copy of your entry receipts that includes a project code; the project code allows entries to be tracked throughout the judging process and maintains anonymity. All entries will be judged on-screen via uploaded files or URL.
NOTE: Entries are 100% digital uploads.
No need to drop off submissions for judging. Please double-check your spelling and submission information as this may be used in our final printed catalog.
All entries must have been published/produced after January 2022. The same project cannot be entered into the awards two years in a row unless it has undergone significant content and design changes.
Who is eligible to submit?
- Creative professionals who currently reside within Missouri or Kansas
- Creative professionals who work remotely for a company based within Missouri or Kansas
- Students who currently attend a college or university within Missouri or Kansas
- Students who completed high school or a homeschooling program within Missouri or Kansas, but currently attend a college or university outside of Missouri or Kansas
General Submission Entry Deadline: May 26, 2023 11:59pm
Extended Submission Entry Deadline: June 3, 2023 11:59pm
AIGA KC reevaluated our category selection this year to better represent our creative community and how design continues to evolve with the years. We also created the submission so students can pick from the same category as professionals to create a more immersive experience for students. Should you be unsure of what category to submit to, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Branding + Identity
- Product/Industrial Design
- Editorial + Print Design
- Lettering + Typeface Design
- Campaigns (includes social media, traditional advertising, corporate communications, etc)
- Web + App design
- Interactive (vr/ar/xr)
- Environmental + Public Art
- Animation + Motion Graphics + Video
- Textile + Jewelry
Winning entries will be recognized at the A18 Design Awards Celebration & Exhibition on September 28, 2023 and potentially receive exposure through the A Awards catalog and website.
Notification emails will be sent in the Summer of 2023 to the email listed on the entry form. Entrants are responsible for maintaining access to the email provided at the time of entry.
For further information or questions please visit our FAQ page or contact us at email@example.com.